**NOW SHIPPING ON 2/24**
The 150-page volume, which serves as the catalog for "A Lot More Inside: Esopus Magazine," the Colby College Museum of Art exhibition devoted to the Esopus archive running from February 15 to May 12, 2024, consists of four separate books along with removable inserts and other components collected into a custom slipcase. Its contents include:
- A main catalog featuring written reflections on Esopus from Pratt Institute professor Nancy Smith, Colby professors Gianluca Rizzo and Gary Green; curators Megan Carey and Tod Lippy, and others, along with a foreword by Colby College Museum director Jacqueline Terrassa
- A book featuring facsimiles of "rejections" received by Esopus contributors and other creatives, including Ed Ruscha, Lonnie Holley, and Lisa Kudrow, over the course of their careers
- An artists' project, taking the form of an 8-panel double-sided foldout, by photographer Gary Green and poet Gianluca Rizzo, exploring—and creating—connections between the Esopus Creek and the Kennebec River, which runs through Waterville, Maine
- A book featuring 50 brand-new Steve Keene paintings of artworks (by artists ranging from Alex Katz to David Wojnarowicz) in the collection of the Colby College Museum of Art selected by Colby students and faculty
- A 23-x-36" removable poster that documents the Esopus production process through a range of press-run photos and printing artifacts
- "Exploring the Archive" – a book offering a series of glimpses into some of the materials in the Esopus archive—including a number of items not featured in the exhibition—including correspondence, process-related ephemera, and much more.
The book has been published in a limited run of only 500 copies. Limited supplies remain.