Currently in production, Esopus 25, our largest issue ever at 256 pages, will ship to subscribers in late April.
• Artist's projects, many incorporating removable inserts, by Noriko Ambe, Paolo Arao, Tina Barney, John Edmonds, Elizabeth Ferry, and Anish Kapoor
• Writer Francine Prose's reflections on an early Renaissance painting at the Metropolitan Museum (incorporating a poem by Zbigniew Herbert)
• A never-before-published 1991 spec script, reproduced here in facsimile, from Transparent cocreators Faith and Jill Soloway
• Brand-new installments of the regular series "Guarded Opinions," "Modern Artifacts," and “Public Access” (featuring fascinating items from the Vladimir Nabakov papers in the New York Public Library’s esteemed Berg Collection)
• "Psychedelic Prayers" from countercultural legend Timothy Leary, from the Ludlow Santo Domingo collection of psychedelia at Harvard University
• Song lyrics and artworks by the Atlanta-based "insider's outsider" Lonnie Holley
• An audio compilation featuring musicians such has Andrew Silberman (The Antlers), Lonnie Holley, and Katie von Schleicher, each of whom has created a song inspired by a particular joke. The CD is introduced by comedian, writer, and actor Demetri Martin (who fittingly contributes a series jokes inspired by music)
• and much, much more...
Cover image: Dusty Rose and Goldmund Railroad created by Bruce LaSusa